Need the Best Dog Blankets? Here are Top-Rated Ones!
Let’s face it – we love our pets these days. They deserve the best – and that goes for finding the best dog blankets and throws. It really is serious business. From luxury dog blankets to personalized ones, chew proof dog blankets, and durable ones, there are tons out there on the market. But, how do you know which ones are the best?
Some dog blankets are great in the car while others are best for covering the couch or chair in your house. As for the best material for dog blankets – many would say fleece but there are certainly others! So, to make your life easier – we’ve brought together a few of the top ones and compared their details side by side.
If you are looking for more great dog accessories or gifts, you might consider purchasing a great leather dog collar or a festive Christmas dog sweater! Ready to dive into the world of dog blankets? Let’s get snugly!
Things to Consider When Buying Dog Blankets
Before you buy, here are a few points we’ll touch on throughout the post. These are just to get you thinking about what to consider for your dog or the dog you are buying a blanket for!
Purpose/Style. Things to consider here might be where the blanket will be used. Is it for in the car? In a kennel? To cover up a couch for your pooch to lay on? The purpose will dictate which kind of blanket you buy as well as the size.
Size/Fit: As mentioned above, size is important for blanket function. Size is also important because dogs come in so many different shapes and sizes! Typically, there is a range of dimensions for blankets so measure your dog (and where the blanket might be going) and buy accordingly!
Material. In this category, think about the kind of fabric used and what your dog likes. There are many fleece blankets which can be warm and keep in the heat well. There are also thinner polyester blankets used more as a cover for a couch or sofa chair. Materials also wash differently so keep that in mind.
Price/Quality. Price doesn’t always dictate the quality of a blanket but it can be an indication to measure off of. That said, pricier blankets can be found on sale if you are a smart shopper! Also, you might just need a cheaper blanket to throw down as a dog/dirt covering in which case maybe an expensive one isn’t the best call!
The Best Dog Blankets for 2018
Below, you’ll some of the best dog blankets on the market right now. There are lots of different styles and makes so be sure to check them out one by one before you buy.
This super soft blanket by Allisandro is high-quality fleece and made for laying in beds, cages, or covering a couch so your dog can hang out.
- Comes in sizes for small dogs to very large dogs
- Made of flannel fleece, paw print design
- Machine washable
If you are looking for a blanket that is thick, plush, and warm, the PetFusion is for you – and your dog!
- Comes in a variety of sizes from Small to X-Large
- Polyester micro-plush, inner fill, quilted to reduce the fill from shifting
- Machine washable, reversible
Ah yes, the ever-so-colorful Comsmart blankets. These come in packs so you get a few patterned blankets to choose from.
- Comes in small size – 24″x 28″ inches and medium size – 28″ x 39″
- Thin fleece that is not bulky but still warm and soft
- Suitable for many functions – in the car, on the grass, in the doggie bed.
Another classic blanket that lots of dogs love, the Furrybaby is a cozy and plush addition to any dog’s life.
- Comes in a variety of sizes to accommodate many sizes of dogs
- Thick comfortable fleece, grey and beige color
- Machine washable, easy to clean
Looking to cover your dog in dots? The PAWZ blankets are made for just that!
- Comes in small, medium, and large to accommodate most dogs
- Coral Velvet polyester, bite resistant outer stitching
- Machine washable, doesn’t grab pet hair
Do you need a giant versatile dog blanket that covers your dog and then some? The RZA blanket might be the solution for you.
- One large size available 60″ x 40″ inches – covers a large area!
- Velvet polyester fleece material, lightweight, no fading or piling
- Machine washable, absorbs water, classic paw design
The PetAmi is massive and WATERPROOF so if you need a leak-guard blanket, this one might be the answer.
- Comes in large and extra large size – up to 80″ x 60″ inches!
- Micro-fiber fleece with Sherpa lining – cozy, warm, waterproof blanket or cover
- Machine washable, great plaid design for the car or couch
And there you have it – some of the best dog blankets out there! Whichever one you decide on – there are many great options. Which blankets has your dog given a try? Any favorites or disliked brands? Let us know on Twitter @boardandlife and send us a photo if your dog gets a great blanket for Christmas!
As always, Stay Curious,
Pin it for later!