We Love Good Long Distance Relationship Quotes!
Let us guess – you’re in a long distance relationship and you’re hurting a bit, right? Yeah, we’ve been there! If you want good long distance relationship quotes to help you through (and help you speak your feelings) then we have the perfect ones for you.
We know a thing or two about long distance – we lived on different continents before finally being together permanently. For us, we never felt like we were only “surviving” because we had a plan for when we would connect – and we saw it through together. Part of it was love – part of it was trust.. but here we are.
So, whether you are looking for funny, sad, motivational, or even just heartfelt relationship quotes for him or for her, we’ve got you covered. These long distance relationship quotes are from literature, movies, and we even wrote a few of them ourselves! Here are some quotes and messages you can use.
Top Long Distance Relationship Quotes
Alright, so let’s start off with some classic long distance relationship quotes and then mix it up with originals! We’ve mixed them up here – some are more motivational while others are for reflection.
Some quotes are funny, some just flat-out come from the heart, while others make your mind wander. That said, they all know how to put long distance love into words!
- Perhaps, if we stare at the moon at just the same moment, we’ll be connected through the cosmos.
- Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more. – Nicholas Sparks
- Do you remember when we were apart? Me too – let’s not do that again.
- It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does. – Peter McWilliams
- The hurt of not having you here has simply become my fire for making sure that we have another “here”.
- I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only. – Montana Lee
- Just focus on the future – that moment in time when we can cross paths again.
- Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart. – Kay Knudsen
- I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart). – E.E. Cummings
Read Next: Long Distance Date Ideas You Need To Try
- I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance. ― Steve Maraboli
- I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him. – Donna Lynn Hope
- Back in the day, they used to wait weeks for a single letter to arrive. A singular notion of love and existence from elsewhere. We can do this – as they once did.
- If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you. ― Andrew Davidson
- Honestly, I’m ready to just jump through the computer screen.
- Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. – Doug Fetherling
- It aches, doesn’t it? That feeling of longing deep within you. Is it sick to hope you hurt? Because perhaps the only consolation I could receive is knowing that – somewhere, way out there – you suffer through it, too. That feeling of love. – Cebur Penychow
- Sleeping helps. I sleep because the more I close my eyes the sooner I will be to the time when I open them and you are here.
- I’m confident that my heart can cross time and space. It will make its way to you.
- Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great. – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
- I imagine a line, a white line, painted on the sand and on the ocean, from me to you. –Jonathan Safran Foer
- The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence. – Edward Thomas
- It’s rather cruel that my person – my human – is thousands of miles away. Poorly designed, I’d say.
- Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer dreaming. I have food in front of me but no appetite to eat it. All because my heart misses you and my mind is dreaming about you.– Sandra Toms
- Your memory feels like home to me.
So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.
― Ranata Suzuki
- The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again. – Charles Dickens
And there you have it – 25 of our favorite (and some new) long distance relationship quotes. What do you think? Having dated long distance (and survived!), we can definitely relate to ALL of these. Let us know which ones you like!
As always, Stay Curious,
Pin it for later!