Our Music Knowledge Brings You Rap Quotes About Life.
For us at Board and Life, music is life. We love all kinds of music genres and pride ourselves in recognizing raw talent when we see it. Enter hip-hop. Sometimes, rappers have a way of saying things that we just can’t come up with ourselves. From short rap quotes to rapper quotes about love, there is no shortage of topics to cover that resonate with us.
Some of the best rap quotes ever are usually rap lyrics about life. They become a way of storytelling – of visualizing – that allows us to connect on a deeper level with the words.
We actually plan on expanding these posts to include other posts like the best hip-hop quotes of all time. A hefty list – we know! For now, if you want hip-hop quotes about life, this post is for you. Maybe you’re a girl looking for a fire Instagram caption? We’ve got picture captions for girls, too!
So, are you ready to get started? Here are 30 of the best rap quotes about life. Let’s get going!
Rap Quotes About Life
- “I woke up this morning, rolled a joint, then got to it, Dealt with real life shit, manned up and got through it” – Big Sean, Fire
- “I’mma tell you, I’mma tell you this right now, If you, if you woke up this mornin’, n**** you winnin’ for real” – 2 Chainz, Big Amount
- “I had my issues, ain’t that much I could do, But, peace is something that starts with me” – Kid Cudi (as a member of ‘Kids See Ghosts’ with Kanye), Reborn
- “Get up off the pavement brush the dirt up off my psyche” – Earl Sweatshirt, Chum
- “No you’re not perfect but you’re not your mistakes” – Kanye West, Only One
- “It’s never ever been to late, To do what you wanna do, Fuck everything else” – Big Sean, Fire
- “Step it up and take care your daughter n****, Stack it up and take care your son n****” – Young Thug, Harambe
- “No such thing as a life that’s better than yours (Love yourz), No such thing as a life that’s better than yours“ – J Cole, Love Yourz
- “It’s been a long and lonely trip, But I’m glad that I took it because it was well worth it. I got to read a couple books, And do some research before I reached my verdict. Never thought that I was perfect. Always thought that I had a purpose. Used to wonder if I’d live to see my first kiss.” – Sage Francis, Best of Times
- “Show me, someone who says they got no baggage, I’ll show you somebody whose got no story” – Watsky, Sloppy Seconds
- “I believe there’s a God above me, I’m just the god of everything else“ – Pusha T, New God Flow
- “I don’t even know what I could of done, Looking back thinking “That’s what I should of done” – Lil Dicky, Molly
- “For what’s money without happiness? Or hard times without the people you love“ – J Cole, Love Yourz
- “This is my canvas, I’ma paint it how I want it baby, oh I, This is my canvas, I’ma paint it, paint it, paint it, how I want it n****” – J Cole, Apparently
- “If I was being honest, I’d say long as I could fuck three times a day and not skip a meal I’m good, I used to work on my feet for 7 dollars a hour, Call my momma like momma, I ain’t making minimum wage momma” – Frank Ocean, Futura Free
- “Will I survive all the fights and the darkness?, Trouble sparks, they tell me home is where the heart is, dear departed” – Tupac, Thugz Mansion
- “I’m on the pursuit of happiness. I know everything that shines ain’t always gonna be gold. I’ll be fine once I get it, I’ll be good.” Kid Cudi, Pursuit of Happiness
- “And I know the sun will rise with me, All we wanted was an opportunity” – Rick Ross in Lord Knows, by Drake
- “I went from nothing to everything/I went from finer to better things” – Rich the Kid feat. Lil Wayne, End of Discussion
- “I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death” – Nas, N.Y. State of Mind
- “Everybody’s somebody’s everything, I know you right, Nobody’s nothing” – Chance The Rapper, Everybody’s Something
- “Choked up while I’m writing this, Didn’t think my life would get, So fucking trifle and, Living like Mice & Men, Hoping this shit gets right again” – Old Man Saxon, The Perils
- “I wanna make my mum so proud” – Stormzy, Shut Up
- “Love that baby, respect that girl” – Pusha T, The Story of Adidon
- “I’m going so hard my n****, I swear homie. Every day is another opportunity to reach that goal” – Rick Ross in Lord Knows, by Drake
- “I’m a fucking walking paradox, no I’m not” – Old Man Saxon, The Perils
- “I’ve done lived more than an 80-year-old man still kickin’, ‘Cause they live for some moments, and I live for a livin’ “ – Big Sean, Control
- “Everybody lack confidence, everybody lack confidence, How many times my potential was anonymous?“ – Kendrick Lamar, i
- “I’m about to figure out what my best is, I can’t avoid it because now ya’ boy invested, And I ain’t gotta a choice except to smile and accept it, Pretty reckless, pretty restless ’cause, I’ve lived my life expecting love, To come the second my attempt was done, and yeah, I guess, To some extent I was correct because I’m getting buzz, But now I’m ’bout to be ubiquitous, look it up” – Lil Dicky, Russell Westbrook On A Farm
- “I can feel the changes, I can feel a new life, I always knew life can be dangerous” – Kendrick Lamar, Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe
And there you have it – some of the greatest rap quotes about life. What do you think of the list? Did we hit your favorites or did we miss a few hidden gems? Lyrics can always be interpreted in many ways so we’re happy with what we came up with – and look forward to expanding it in the future.
As always, Stay Curious,
Pin it for later!